Beetroot-based salads Vinegret or Russian vinaigrette. It includes diced cooked vegetables (beetroots, potatoes and carrots), chopped onion, green peas as well as sauerkraut and pickles. The salad became even better on a second or third day.
- 4 cups cooked white potatoes, dice ½” cubes
- 1.5 cup cooked carrots, ½” dice
- 1.5 cup cooked red beets, ½ dice
- 1 cup diced onion, ½ dice
- ¾ cup pickles, ½ dice (fermented, see previous video)
- 1.5 cup sauerkraut (fermented cabbage, see previous video)
- 1 can green peas (drained)
- ¾ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
Boil the washed unpeeled potatoes and carrots in the same pot. Boil the washed unpeeled beets in the separate pot. After cooking, drain and allow to cool then peel and dice.
Place all vegetables in a big bowl, add parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix well and store it in the refrigerator at least for 2 hours (store for 24 hours for maximum taste). Will store in the refrigerator for up 4 days.