1. Combine 1 cup of water, 2 Tbs. pepper and thyme spring in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and remove from heat. Pour into a large bowl or stainless steel pot, cool to room temperature.
2. Add remaining water, apple juice, salt, stirring until salt dissolve.
3. Place turkey in the brine, it should be completely cover with this solution. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for 24 -48 hours.
4. Rub turkey with oil and 1 Tbs. ground black pepper.
5. Preheat oven to 400F.
6. Roasted turkey for 1 hour or so, until thermometer shows 180F. (If the turkey starts to brown too fast, cover with aluminum foil).
7. Place turkey on a plate, cover with foil, and let rest for 10-15 min.
Roasted Sweet Potato Noodles with Pears (9 cups)
2 pound sweet potato noodles, (or try shredded)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 pears, seeded, 1-inch dice
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
3/4 cup chopped shelled pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss sweet potato noodles, pears, and oil in large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Roast about 20 min, turning once halfway through, until lightly browned and tender. 2. Add butter to nonstick sauté pan; heat on MED until melted. Add pecans; cook, stirring, 3-5 min until pecans are fragrant. Remove from heat; set aside. 3. Add noodles, pears, pecans, herb, and lemon zest to large bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal/flour, flaxseeds, coconut flour, baking soda, and psyllium seeds (if desired). Store in an airtight container, preferably in the refrigerator for the future use.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9” pie plate.
2. In medium bowl combine the coconut, baking mix, and coconut oil mix thoroughly. Press into the pie plate and bake for 10 min, remove and cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the coconut milk just until bubbles begin to form. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate, and stir until melted. Stir in the vanilla, honey. Pour into the coconut shell. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hours.